Sunday 12 March 2017

Weekend Explorations

I've been reading a lot of articles about Reggio Emilia education and Reggio-inspired play so I decided to set up a nature table and a few "provocations" for Brecken.  I created them while he was napping and let him discover them on his own.

The nature table was an instant hit.



 

 

Next he noticed the insect-hunt inspired, bug collecting provocation. We followed this up with some real-time bug collecting in our backyard.


When he walked into his room he saw the tray I filled with play-doh, colorful rocks, markers, cards and a couple of snakes.


I really enjoyed watching Brecken discover the activities I had set up for him and I definitely plan to include Reggio-inspired play into our days.


 

 

 

 

 




 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment