Friday 11 November 2011

Finally - five days later . . .

Last night we burnt our Guy Fawkes.  I know, I know, it was a little late, but every night we thought about it the wind just seemed to blow stronger.  Finally Mother Nature gave us a break and we were ready!


We collected wood all afternoon - I think I have poisonwood as a result (it was either the wood collecting or the chopping down trees in the bush the day before :), built the perfect tepee shaped fire and tossed in a match.  It really lit that easily!  For those of you who know us, you may remember that we have frequently had to resort to gasoline to get a decent blaze going - Boy Scouts we are not! 


Mr. Fawkes succumbed to the smoke almost immediately, but luckily Brock rushed in and propped him back up.


My sister and nephew were also here to join in the fun - more pyromaniacs maybe?



It was a great night.


No comments:

Post a Comment