This lunch was inspired by a trip to the new Fresh Market grocery store nearby. They have a huge selection of organic fruits and veggies. The kids loved it!
One of my favorite things about homeschooling is the ability it gives me to feed our children nutritiously at every single meal and snack. There are no processed "school snacks" in our cupboard, so every treat is made from scratch and there is no temptation to feed them junk food.
STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS
4 Portobello mushrooms
2 cups bread crumbs
1 can crab meat
3 Tbsp. butter
1/2 onion - finely diced
2 cloves garlic - minced
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese - grated
salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Wipe the mushrooms gently with a damp cloth and place them in a baking pan.
3. In a large bowl, combine the other ingredients.
4. Separate the mixture into four equal amounts and form it into a flattened circle.
5. Place the stuffing circles on each of the mushroom caps.
6. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.